Devil's Food.

Although Halloween is still a good month away, I have been sketching up little designs for some very festive cupcakes. This morning, at 4am, we recieved our first order for the Halloween season- so perhaps that's what is jump starting my excitement. Last year I helped my mom make our first "professional-esque" cake. A vanilla butter cream beauty decorated with a less than scary black spider. Even though I am not too crazy about the star pattern that the design is made up of- it is one of my favorite cakes that we have made. Maybe it's the simplicity, colors, or maybe it just reminds me of the first time learning professional techniques from the best teacher around- my mother. Regardless the reason, each time I see this picture it brings me back to the crispness and changes of fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment