New Month, New Purse, New Attitude.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain.



I stumbled across this quote via my beautiful and uber funny friend, Sara's, Facebook page last night. It definitely had changed the way I thought while simultaneously boosting my spontaneous intensity up seven notches. So with a new month (and a new purse arriving today!), comes a new attitude. It seems that when the time comes to give advice, I am usually caught with the words "live day by day" coming out of my mouth. Very good advice, but I very seldom follow it, as Alice would say. 

Lately, worrying about what is going to happen in a couple days to a year from now has brought on very unnecessary and extremely unwelcome stress. Reminding myself that I don't have control over future situations is the foundation- The current moment is the only element in life where control is in my hands, and to make the absolute best of each circumstance thrown my way. 

So here's to a great new month, a fabulous new purse, and a much needed rediscovered attitude. 




Photo cred: Tom Palumbo, amazing aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment