Bite by Bite.






Now more than ever, I am confident that cakes are completely consuming my life. Who would have thought that October would be the busiest month for cake making?! This weekend, I am so excited (but I am also feeling the time crunch) because I am entering my first ever cake contest! Wish me luck. In addition to this contest, I am making a bajillion other cakes for charity, friends, and parties. At times like these I can't help but replay a very important phrase. "You can only eat an elephant one bite at a time."  I don't remember when, but my father told me these words of wisdom one time when I was very little, probably when I was trying to finish one of my over imaginative short stories. Besides the fact that I get kind of sad when I think about the phrase literally, it is the one line that I can apply to everything, even my crazy cake business! Next time you're feeling overwhelmed and out of control, take a deep breath and remember that you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. Happy conquering!

No comments:

Post a Comment