Our Busy Saturday.

This weekend was, to say the least, quite busy for our cupcake company. We baked and decorated eighty cupcakes for an SPCA event, Rescues and Runways, in addition we created a two tiered baby shower cake for my friend Jessica and her baby, Alorah. The Rescues and Runways event was showcasing not only fashions from a local boutique, but also the adoptable animals at the local SPCA. It was really amusing seeing the excited and confused dogs attempt to walk with the high heeled wearing models down the runway. There was a brown, black, and white cat that I especially wish that I had snuck in my purse and taken her home with me. Overall, there were a lot of cupcakes being eaten and more importantly, tons of adoption application forms being filled out which makes me a million times happier than the sweet hand sized cakes.



Baby Shower Cake for Jess and Alorah.












If I had my way, I'd be petting her now.


If your family is looking for a new addition, don't go to expensive breeders or to a pet store. Those puppies will get good homes no matter what. There are too many dogs and cats at the SPCA that are overlooked and are in need of good homes. We adopted our cat, Hershey, from the local SPCA and she has so much personality and gives so much love. They'll be your best friends in the world if you just choose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment